Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Y'all Think I'm Kidding?

When I put up my road rage posts, that is? "Oh, surely things can't be that bad, Jay?" Oh yes, yes they can. Here's a short summation of some of the news articles from my neck of the woods that illustrate perfectly that the average Massachusetts motorist doesn't have the driving ability of a fruit bat...
Cashman, the supervising prosecutor at the Salem courthouse, objected, saying that Taber not only has three prior convictions for driving after license suspension and two prior convictions for driving an unregistered vehicle, as well as four for failing to have insurance. He has even received a 60-day suspended jail term for one of those priors. She called the continuation without a finding "completely, completely
inappropriate."
Bolton (WBZ Newsroom) -- Two people were killed and three injured in a single car crash in Bolton. It happened just before 11:30 Wednesday night on Route 495. State Police say the car, was headed south, near Route 62 when the driver lost control. It rolled over and crashed into a tree in the median.
According to the Cambridge Chronicle, Galluccio was convicted of drunk driving in 1984 but received a pardon from Gov. William Weld.His license was suspended after another DUI conviction in 1997. He was arrested again for allegedly driving drunk in 2006, but the case was dismissed.
This is just in TODAY'S NEWS. Imagine what I could put up from a whole month?

That is all.

5 comments:

libertyman said...

And why do Massachusetts drivers have the reputation that they do? (Present company excepted, of course). Someday, I will tell you a story about my exploits with the Registry of Motor Vehicles.

Brad_in_MA said...

Jay,
It would be an interesting comparison to note the number of car crashes vs. the number of reported defensive gun uses in MA for the same 30-day period. I think we all know the outcome of that work.

- Brad

C Kelsey said...

I'm a transplant from California. I noticed almost immediately when I got here that most of the wacko's here can't drive.

It's really scary how unskilled most people here are. And I thought California drivers were bad!

Old NFO said...

LOL- And you wonder why I fly in to Providence??? :-)

Evyl Robot said...

I thought drunk driving was a prerequisite to being a representative...