Thursday, April 8, 2010

Let's See What Happens...

I just dashed off a quick e-mail to Smith & Wesson about their Bodyguard 380 and whether or not it will be MA compliant. S&W has been pretty good about submitting their firearms for MA compliance testing and jumping through the idiotic hoops the state of MA makes gun makers jump through in order to be able to sell their products here in MA, so I am cautiously optimistic.

As I mentioned in my e-mail, MA residents are denied the chance to purchase concealable semi-autos like the LCP or P3AT. Smith & Wesson has a chance to provide MA gun owners (all 50 of us) with an alternative to buying a used P3AT for double the price of a new one in America. The MSRP on the Bodyguard is $575; it should hit the shelves around $500 or so. Sure, it's a bit more than the P3AT or the LCP; however it has an internal laser sight which, when added to either competitor brings the price right in line.

I've referred the S&W reps to this site in the thinly-veiled hopes of being offered a chance to test the Bodyguard 380 - keep your fingers crossed!

That is all.

5 comments:

Michael in CT said...

What happened to buying the Mass compliant Kahr?

Jay G said...

Despite what the antis would have you believe, we can buy more than one gun here in MA...

:)

Kahr's still on the list. I'm waiting for the early adopters to get sick of 'em and sell them on the used market...

Ross said...

email with a contact at S&W inbound, Jay.

Jay G said...

Thanks Ross. I've already sent him an e-mail shamelessly begging to do a review... :)

John the Texaner said...

Looks interesting. It would be nice to see how they shoot.

I like the actual sights on it, though I'm not a big fan of lasers myself. Were it offered without the laser at a lower price point, I might jump on it.

Also, a tiny little manual safety like that on a DAO pocket gun seems like a bad idea. Were it an extended lever instead of a tiny button (like on the Sig P238), I would feel a lot more comfortable. That little safety reminds me of the slide lock on an LCP - not something I want to have to mess with in an emergency situation.