Saturday, May 15, 2010

Quote of the Day

Heh. Had to relate yesterday's Quote of the Day.

I'm visiting the SigSauer booth. They're giving a demonstration on the Sig 250, which has completely interchangeable frames, slides, and calibers. It's a really slick looking system, and I commented that it was unfortunate that it wasn't "safe" enough for me to own.

The Sig rep looks at me and asks, "Oh? Are you from CA or MD?"

I replied, "Worse. MA".

He responded with the QotD, "Oh".

Picture it said in the tone of voice you'd normally associate with someone hearing the news that their beloved family pet had to be put down and you'll get the gist of it...

That is all.

10 comments:

dr mac said...

Hah !

ASM826 said...

The icing on that cupcake is that you are paying taxes to support the government that is restricting you.

Danielle Sturgis said...

hey, I'm reading your blog :)
good stuff.
I will find you tomorrow -- great news about a potential 5 pm mtg w/ Hollywood Guns :)

Anonymous said...

Nice post, Jay

Old NFO said...

Good reporting Jay, keep it up!

AnarchAngel said...

Dude... I know you lvoe your house, and your town; and you live where you grew up and five seconds from your entire family...

But dude... New Hampshire is LIKE FIVE MILES from you.

Move to a free state.

SteveA said...

Have I mentioned I just hate you!
I live less than 30 mins from charlotte & have to freaking work ALL weekend!
Stinking 12hr shifts. Hope you have a great time though. :)

Mike W. said...

This exchange with the Sig rep was absolutely hilarious in person.....

The way he said it & the look on his face were priceless.

Lissa said...

Mike lusts after that one :)

Ian Argent said...

Hah - though I might have to wait a couple of months for the paperwork, I can at least BUY one. Fricking NJ, always second-place...