Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Third Annual Northeast Bloggershoot Meet & Shoot Update II

Time draws short as the summer rolls ever on. Tomorrow is July 1st, and there's a bloggershoot right around the corner now. August 1st seemed to work for the vast majority of respondents, so I think we've got a firm date now. It's time to get things ironed out, finalize the guest list, and start thinking about hardware... Original post here, update here.


Onto the specifics...

Date: Sunday, August 1st.

Time: 10:00 AM until our host kicks us out.

Location: Doubletrouble's sooper seekrit range, the location of which is highly classified.

Attendees:

Lissa & Mike
JD & sprog
ZerCool & possibly Mrs. ZerCool
Brad_in_MA
Ross
Mr & Mrs. Mopar
Wally
Weer'd Beard
libertyman (pls bring Mossberg...)
Marko
David
scotaku
Borepatch
TOTWTYTR
Angry Patriot
Andrew & son & friend
drmac & Mrs. drmac

Possible
:
pdb (SRSLY?!?!?!)

That's twenty three definites (not counting our host and your humble scribe) and one possible. That's about what we had last year, which really is about the limit of what the range can hold. If many more want to come, we'll have to divide into shifts or something.

Miscellaneous: Looking at the list, there's only a couple new names there, so most everyone has shot together before. The Four Rules are paramount - proper gun handling etiquette is an absolute must. I will once again be Range Master, and I'll be bringing Mr. Whistle to signal hot/cold range.

This is a "pack-in, pack-out" shoot - be prepared to bring home any bullet-riddled items you bring with you for targets. Additionally, we believe in leaving the range in as good or better condition than when we found it - a half-hour or at the end of the day cleaning up is in order.

Bring bug spray - this is out in the woods - inclement weather gear (we'll shoot in a light rain) is a good idea, as are folding chairs/tables/canopies/etc. along with the boomstickie goodness.

Bringing a lunch would be recommended this year - I think we broke the local sandwich shop with an order for two dozen subs last year... Also remember to bring plenty of water to keep hydrated (hey, I'm a Cubmaster, I gotta pitch for safety here...)



Now comes the fun part: Deciding what toys to bring!

That is all.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I brought a ton last year, I think I'll cut back this year since I never even got to shoot 3/4 of them. Rather then all of us list what we have, perhaps a list of what people would like to try? I suspect in this group we have just about everything between us. :)
I would like to bring my NM AR, but I'm pretty sure it wont be done by then.

Also, I'm considering making this a weekend, so I'm open for suggestions on nearby places to stay (email me if we dont want to give away the area of the sooper seekrit range).

Anonymous said...

Jay, if you can squeeze in one more I'd be keen to join in the fun.

ZerCool said...

MrsZ has declined to attend; we have further travel plans in the month of August and she's saving what little time off she has for those.

I'm in the same boat as Mopar; as I mentioned in my own post I spent more time running back and forth to the gun cases than either shooting or chatting, and that's silly. I've got a pretty good idea what I'm bringing, and these are the calibers to watch for:

.22LR
.38Spl
.357Mag (Yes, Jay, the 28-2 will be back.)
.44Spl/Mag
9mm
.30-30

I've also got some WWB .380 that's taking up shelf space if anyone is interested - email is best.

@Mopar: I'm considering staying in a Super8 in Brattleboro, VT for Saturday and Sunday nights. Looks to be about an hour away, give or take.

David said...

And here's where I regretfully inform you that I won't be there. :-(

I have family coming up that weekend. I'll bayonet a cute child's toy locally in tribute.

Jay G said...

Mopar,

That's an excellent suggestion, and I'll certainly include it in the last update (the "what are you bringing" post). I'm planning on bringing a .30 cal ammo can full of Federal copper-plated .22LR for all to share in the .22LR goodness, and several fine arms chambered therein.

As for where to stay, there are places nearby, but sadly they are in MA. Not so good for travelers coming with firearms.

Old Windways,

Given that we've had two regretfully decline, I'd say you're all set.

ZerCool,

Sorry to hear the Mrs. won't be attending, but glad to hear you can still make it.

You know the one gun I want to shoot... ;)

David,

Darn it. Darn it all to heck...

Toaster 802 said...

I might be able to make this event if there is room. I will know more tonight.

I missed the last one, and would love to meet you all.

Wally said...

I'm still working on my list of what to bring. Or more accurately, working on the guns on the list. There are too many unfinished project guns and too little time.

As part of my community outreach program, I will have MGs available in 9mm and 223. Just BYO brass cased ammo.

Weer'd Beard said...

Any word from Tam?

Lissa said...

Mike and I don't have anything particularly exotic . . . I imagine we'll bring Siguette, Kahr-oline, and The Dragon for .22 happiness.

dr mac said...

We're looking forward to it !

Matt said...

extoThis is "Friend of Andrew"

I will bring:

22lr suppressed machine gun
HK416 - 10" Barrel (yes it is full auto)
Mossberg SBS
A suppressed 22 of some sort
A suppressed 9mm of some sort (pistol or full auto)

Andrew said...

Hmm, last comment eaten. I am going to bring:
- My son and his boy-sized .22 rifle
- G34 with suppressor and some subsonic 9mm
- 500 rounds of 5.56 to feed Matt's FA H&K 416
- My DPMS LR-308