Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Gun Pr0n #173

I mentioned in my first "1911 for Dummies" post that a family portrait was forthcoming:

The Happy Family

Three Government model and one Officers model. All Colts. All in G-d's own pistol caliber, .45 ACP. One's an original Colt 1911; two are Colt 1991a1s, and, of course, the Gold Cup National Match. The original 1911 is one of the oldest pistols in the G. armory; the Gold Cup is one of the most accurate (although not when I'm shooting it sometimes...); the 1991A1s are fun for general .45 ACP recoil therapy (and the Compact gets carry time in the winter...)

Is 1911. Is good.

That is all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh..
envy,
lust,
covet,
want.
How many other Sins am I breaking??

Anger,
Rage,
WANTWANTWANTWANTWANT!!!!

Weer'd Beard said...

Need Commander...and I'm glad I bought the one you were thinking about getting!

Karl said...

Why use the Compact for a winter carry? I use a 1991A1 Compact for a summer carry (taking advantage of it's size) and a Government for winter.