Friday, July 30, 2010

Lookin' Good!

Because I've been keeping an eye on these things...


Look at Sunday. Warm, but not too hot. Sunny, with cloud cover. Further proof that G-d Himself loves gunnies... :)

In less than 48 hours we will be gathered for the Third Annual Northeast Bloggershoot at the sooper seekrit range (and for those who are attending that don't have directions, e-mail me and I'll send you a copy). We've got folks coming from 5 out of 6 New England states plus New York and possibly other states; we've got pretty much all manner of boomsticks covered from the NAA mini-22LR 5 shot revolver to an actual, honest-to-Gaia cannon; we even have a shiny new range (thanks Doubletrouble!!!) for the event.

It's gonna be a lot of fun folks - lookin' forward to seeing you there!

That is all.

9 comments:

libertyman said...

Errrr that's 6 New England states, sir!

Mopar said...

OK, guns are packed, and it's a WHOLE lot less then last year. We are heading up that way tomorrow am. I have to run into work in the am for an hour or so or I probably would have left tonight. We will be spending much of Saturday doing tourist-type stuff, going out for meals, and spending the night in a motel. Because of that I wanted to limit what I had to hide/secure in the truck. Tried to stick with stuff that's fun to shoot and/or I have tons of ammo to spare. So unless there is something else in the safe someone wants me to bring, here's the list as it stands right now.
Ruger 22/45
Sig Mosquito
Glock 23 and 36
Marlin 1894SS
Mosin M44
Mossberg 500

I also packed the 30rnd mags for the 10/22; figured Jay might wanna drool over/borrow them for the day.

Dragon said...

All set and ready to go...

Taking the bike up for the trip...great week-end for motorcycling...

Stopped at Gander Mountain, they were running a sale on certain brands of ammo...got 100 rounds of .40 for $40 (Winchester), 100 rounds of UMC 9mm for $26.The only one that wasn't on sale was the .380...$23 for a box of 50. Almost choked, but hey, its the NE Bloggershoot we're talking about here....

Jay G said...

Libertyman,

Who's coming from the Island of Rhode?

Mopar,

I should be up your way tomorrow night if'n you want a tour guide to the local sights... ;)

Dragon,

Looking forward to it!

Borepatch said...

And the Guest of Honor, up from Atlanta ...

Heh.

mopar said...

Jay,of course!

Wally said...

Starting to get packed here. "travel light" somehow became 12. Time to try and thin the herd a little further.

Jay G said...

Mopar,

I believe either you or your wife has my cell# (or shoot me an e-mail). I should be down your way around 8, unless I decide to go get the Harley first, which may make it more like 8:30...

Wally,

I'm up to 16 at last count. I need to do some thinning too...

Unknown said...

I don't know how my carbon footprint will hold up, but I'm expecting my brass, powder residue, and lead dust footprints to take a beating.