Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Quote of the Day

Heh. Got an e-mail from Dennis, he of Dragon Leather Works. I have to admit to being a (slightly) bad gunnie here - I handed Dennis the Snubbie from Hell™ with .357 Magnum loads (weaker ones, but Magnum nonetheless) and let him shoot it without adequate warning. Now, granted, something called the "Snubbie from Hell™" should have been adequate warning right there, but he took it and shot it anyways. He shot all five rounds before handing it back to me, staring in stunned disbelief, and shaking his tender hand.

So his e-mail says, quite plainly:
The Snubby from Hell should be renamed the Demonic Snubby from the 5th Plane of Hades. My hand still hurts, dude... :-)

Heh. Mea culpa, brother, mea maxima culpa. At least I didn't hand it to you with light .38 Special loads in the first two cylinders so you got cocky before you ran across the full-house, max-loaded .357 Magnum rounds, right? I don't know anybody in that group who would have done something like that of course...

The Snubbie from Hell™ claims another victim...

That is all

12 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Mine's still a little stiff, and I KNOW its from that gun!

hey its cheaper to feed than the .500 Magnum, but lets face it, it gives ALL the thrill!

I'm really thinking I need to get one!

Lissa said...

His actual quote was something like this:

MIKE: "Didn't the name "Snubbie FROM HELL" tip you off??"

DRAGON: "I knew it was from hell, but I didn't realize it was from the NINTH CIRCLE OF HELL! FORGED BY BEELZEBUB HIMSELF!!!"

ZerCool said...

What are you saying, man? Are you implying that I would do something like that?

Every shot in that Dragoon was a .44Mag.

Dragon said...

Ummmm...

The Dragoon lulled me into a false sense of security...the first three rounds were cowboy loads, as Zer put it, and the final two were full loads...

The Demonic Spawn from the fifth plane of Hades didn't try to lull me into compacency..I wouldn't have been surprised if Linda Blairs head would have popped out of the end of that muzzle and spewed pea soup on my arse...

Heh...and yes, Lissa got the actual verbal quote...Jay quoted from my subsequent e-mail after I gave some thought to what a new, more fitting name for it would be...

Jay G said...

IIRC, the very first thing you said after the first shot was "HOLY SHIT".

You then followed the second shot with "FUCKING OUCH!"

I think by the third round your hand had gone numb, because all we heard was "DAMMIT!"

Feeling must have returned for the fourth shot, because we were treated to "SONOFABITCH!"

And I distinctly remember what you said after the fifth round: "Screw this, I'm done!"

:)

Stretch said...

When teaching my Rotten Baby Sister to shoot I used .38 wad cutters in 5 chambers and put a 158 gr. .357 Mag round in the 6th. I stood behind her to keep her from falling. I was stunned to learn the language my Rotten Baby Sister knew!
I'm pleased to say all 6 rounds were in the black.

Robert said...

I convinced a non shooting buddy of mine to shoot my 12 guage pistol grip mossberg. First couple of rounds were 2.5" #7 birdshot. Next round was 3" 00 buck. Guilty.

ajdshootist said...

Back in the days when we had pistols a friend had a snubbie .44mag we used to give people 2rds full house .44 russian 2rds full house .44spl and finish with 2rds full house .44mag the suprise on peoples faces.A Lou Horton round butt snubbie with wood grips.

wolfwalker said...

So his e-mail says, quite plainly:

Should that perhaps be "quite plaintively"? ;-)

Weer'd Beard said...

IIRC his last shot was a shake of the head and:
"I Do NOT want to shoot this gun anymore!"

Which was good because I wanted to shoot it! ; ]

Teke said...

I was watching Sportsman and may have found one that may give the Snubbie from Hell a run for its money.
Ruger calls it the Alaskan.
44oz stainless snubbie chambered in 454 casul

ZerCool said...

@Teke: Someone actually did have an Alaskan at last year's blogshoot. I've never shot anything that recoils as hard as that thing, but the recoil pulse is so LONG that your whole arm goes with the muzzle rise. The SfH is SO light and the recoil is SO fast and sharp that it will twist just the gun right around in your grip.

I'd shoot the Alaskan over the SfH any day.