Thursday, September 16, 2010

Don't Forget!

Breda and Bonnie will be discussing the GunPal/Gpal kerfluffle. Apparently there's been some issues with their service, and a lot of folks are dissatisfied with what's going on. Since PayPal absolutely blows goat chunks when it comes to anything even vaguely related to guns, the 2A community has been looking for an alternative to it for online purchases. GunPal, which morphed into Gpal, seemed to be that something - but some people aren't happy with it.

Tune in tonight at 7:00 PM to hear all about it on B B & Guns!

That is all.

5 comments:

The Armed Canadian said...

Some people aren't happy with it? Those words will be etched in the annals of understatement.

Based on the threads I've read at Cast Boolits and elsewhere, giant ponzi scheme backed by CalGuns seems to be a fairly accurate description.

Kerfuffle doesn't begin to cover it.

zeeke42 said...

Yeah, Armed Canadian pretty much summed it up. I finally got my $800 from back in June yesterday after notifying the FTC, FBI, BBB, MA AG, and CA AG, along with having 2 people with some connections raise hell.

Dragon said...

I tried them out on my site, but went right back to PayPal after I saw that their support for more complex purchases/carts was severely lacking, and the dev community actually *using* GPal was practically non-existent.

Didn't pas sthe sniff test back then, and I'm now glad I steered clear of them....

Mike W. said...

I tend to err on the side of caution with new companies until they've established a reputation.

I'm really glad I did that this time around, since I was originally tempted to dump Paypal for GunPal.

However, had I gotten taken by them that would have been .....interesting. There are benefits to knowing people in the legal community who can be very coercive.

Gay_Cynic said...

A few thoughts on starting a payment processing service.

1) Talk to the lawyers - FIRST.
2) Have a big fat reserve account.
3) Make sure your payment processing software is *rock* solid.
4) Make sure your back end software handing off cash to user accounts is *ALSO* rock solid.
5) Do it all over again for a separate but equal "Plan B" approach.

Only then think about setting a launch date.