Tuesday, January 11, 2011

MA-Centric New Permit Bleg...

Friend, commenter, blogshoot attendee, and all-around mensch brad_in_ma is finally getting his MA LTC.

[pause to let cheers and huzzahs die down to a dull roar]

He asks a favor on the local bulletin board:
I am about to sign up for the MA-required safety course and then apply for my LTC-A. I’m signing up for the March 19 offering through the Roudenbush Community Center in Westford, MA with the course cost of $83. A friend or family member can also take the class for an addition $10, making the per-person cost less than $50 !!! Since we’re all friend here on NES, I thought I’d extend an offer. Does anyone care to join me and share the cost? If yes, please PM with contact info.
If anyone in MA knows of someone thinking of taking the safety course, let me know and I'll put them in touch with Brad. Thanks!

That is all.

9 comments:

Keystone said...

Roudenbush does firearms classes? How did I miss that?

/me heads off to their web site

Brad_in_IL said...

Key,

Roudenbush does ONE firearms CLASS. It can be found under adult ed, health & safety. It is the NRA Home Firearm Safety course valid for MA FID, MA LTC. It is given by a fine gentleman named Rick Cooper. His contact info is on the Roudenbush site.

Mensch? [/blush] Jay, you shouldn't have. I'm not *that* much of a mensch.

- Brad

Eck! said...

Westford residents or any MA?

Eck!

Jay G said...

Any MA resident who doesn't mind driving to Westford, I would imagine...

Brad_in_IL said...

Eck,

Any MA resident. I confirmed this with both the Community Center offering the class as well as the instructor.

- Brad

Lissa said...

Hip hip! HOORAY!!
Hip hip! HOORAY!!
Hip hip! HOORAY!!!!!

Wally said...

Resident only? I'd consider taking a ride but I'm not a resident (and really freaking proud of that last part)

libertyman said...

Wally, are you thinking of taking the Mass course? They do teach it at SIG as well. The course will work for non resident as well, I did one at Mass Firearms school in Framingham.

I have it on good authority that the Mass people are being pricks about issuing to non residents, though.

Keystone said...

@Brad: Yeah, I saw, I wish they did more :)

If you don't end up taking it at Roudenbush, Northborough isn't all that far away and GOAL does an excellent class. You have to take off work for it, though. That's where I took my class. I've also done a handful of other stuff with them. Either way, you should get a membership, they do a lot for us suckers here in MA.