Tuesday, January 11, 2011

One A Day? Sure!

Gotta love my blogsons. Merlin sends in another addition to the DGC:

Suspect shot, killed in N.Ky. break-in
INDEPENDENCE, Ky. - A man shot and killed an intruder at his home in Independence, Ky. early Sunday morning.

The incident happened around 12 a.m. on Sylvan Drive.

Police say 45-year-old Alan Hampton, a neighbor, came in through the house's front door and assaulted those in the home with a chair while they slept.

This is one of those stories that really makes me hate the anti-gun people. This will go down in their book as "someone killed by a gun by someone they knew" - regardless of the facts that: a) He was the aggressor; and b) knowing someone does not necessarily mean that they are a good person.

I actually had a similar situation years ago when I lived in an apartment complex. The folks across the hall were, ahem, unlicensed pharmacists shall we say, and one day got a visit from the local gendarmerie about their clientele, shall we say. The man of the house (and boy, am I using the term loosely) got it into his head that I was the person who called the cops, so he came over and pounded on our door. I grabbed my Ruger Security Six and opened the door with it in my hand - and our unlicensed pharmacist developed an immediate interest in trying out for the Summer Olympics, 50 meter sprint event. (Fortunately for all parties, they were evicted shortly thereafter - even with a robust clientele it seems they couldn't make the rent payments...)

Just because you share the same approximate geographic coordinates does not mean the other person is automatically trustworthy - something the antis very conveniently forget...

Dead Goblin Count: 119

That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just because you share the same approximate geographic coordinates does not mean the other person is automatically trustworthy

Hell, I've got RELATIVES that I don't trust...and wouldn't hesitate to shoot if they didn't remove themselves from my presence.