Thursday, August 25, 2011

Raising Awareness... And Hemlines!

Ambulance Driver is gonna be wearing a skirt.
Get yourself a kilt, and wear it as often as possible for the month of September. If you don't have a kilt, get a kilt. And if you neither have nor want a kilt, don't let that stop you. Not everyone is manly enough to wear a kilt. Seriously, we won't judge you because you're not secure in your own masculinity. Wimp.
See, here's the thing. Unless one of my intrepid readers can find a precedent for an Italian to wear a kilt, I'll have to sit this one out. I have no desire to see my grandfather rise from the dead just so he can beat me about the head and shoulders... Besides, I just don't have the legs for a kilt. My car had a flat. A friend came in from out of town. It wasn't my fault!

What AD has set up, though, is a triumvirate of very cool prizes for the blogger who raises the most money. AD's got the list at his link, but basically there's aRuger .22/45 pistol from Virginia Arms Company; a custom gun belt/holster combo from Michael's Custom Holsters and a $250 gift certificate from Brownell's. And that's just the first place!

Stay tuned for information on how we can all work together to raise some money and awareness of various types of cancer.

That is all.

11 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Thanks for the linky love, brother.

Everybody, y'all visit the Kilted to Kick Cancer page on my blog for the contest rules and sign-up instructions, and let's to raising money!

And if y'all don't want to participate, support a blogger who is!

Bubblehead Les. said...

Got your Italian Ancestry Precedent right here. Roman Legionnaires wore kilt-like uniforms. And let's not forget Togas (TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!). In fact, the so-called Barbarians were easily identified because they wore Trousers. So let's see those Knees!

John said...

Or, as I like to say in bars: It's a kilt. If I wore something under it, _then_ it would be a skirt.

Stretch said...

Under my kilt I always wear my sox and gillies (shoes for you Sassenach).
Sassenach? That's Scots Gaelic for "damnyankee"

Marty said...

http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/32247-1/utilikilt_0630.jpg

Chicks dig em. What other reason do you need?

Dave H said...

Kilt? Ain't that what the hound dog got when he ran in front of the coal truck?

Guffaw in AZ said...

Why would your grandfather return from the dead to pummel you about your choice of dandruff shampoo?
gfa

Anonymous said...

Marty beat me to it. Utilikilt.com my friend. I've got one (that somehow seems to have erm shrunk a few inches around the middle) and I can vouch that chicks do dig them.

Tim said...

You've heard of Dario Franchitti, right? Turns out 1.9% of the population of Scotland is of recent Italian extraction. There's your precedent right there.

If you're wondering like I was why they would give up all that sunshine and dolce vita for Glasgow, the answer is, unsurprisingly, crappy looter politics.

Jim said...

A large part of my daily occupation involves ascending and descending ladders, to and from inspecting homeowner's roofs for insurance claims.

Um, not a kilt-friendly kind of gig, that.

Otherwise, it'd be a great idea, given that we've already "enjoyed" over 30 days this summer, of 100 degree or higher temps here in the Houston/Galveston area.


Jim
Sunk New Dawn
Galveston, TX

Ambulance Driver said...

"A large part of my daily occupation involves ascending and descending ladders, to and from inspecting homeowner's roofs for insurance claims."

Jim, get yourself one of the Utilikilt work kilts. They have snaps that allow you to snap the front apron to the back, so no one can see your junk.