Wednesday, October 12, 2011

KTKC Auction: Bid Status Update #1

Okay, it's been a couple of days since I announced my intention to auction off the items I won as the second place finisher in the Kilted to Kick Cancer fundraiser. I've gotten bids for the majority of the items, and wanted to put up a quick update to raise awareness and kick the bidding into high gear. Here are the standings right now:

1. Free registration to one of Todd Louis Green's handgun classes.

No bid.

2. $250 gift certificate from Hornady Ammunition.

High bid: $50 from Nancy R. Reserve not met.


3. $150 voucher off of a new kilt ($300) from Kilt This, choice of one of their standard designs in your color choice, and one kilt chain.

High bid: $151 from Will Brown. Reserve met.

4. Custom Dragon Leatherworks Talon holster for your semiauto handgun, inlaid with your family tartan or one of Dennis' standard hide inlays.

High bid: $100 from ZerCool. Reserve met.


No bids on the Pistol-Training class? Really? I thought that was going to be one of the first items to garner a bid - especially since Ambulance Driver himself commented on the course. Now, I'm not as bad a shot as AD makes me out to be, but I know for a fact I would benefit greatly from some instruction on shooting. If it's pride that's keeping you from doing this, hell, I'm Jay "Minute-of-berm" G. and I endorse getting as much training as you can. This is a two-day course with one of the premiere instructors in the biz - highly recommended by none other than Tam "edge of steel plate" herself...
 
The auction runs through next Friday, and I reserve the right to modify/change as I see fit for anything not meeting the reserve. Here's a chance to score some Kilted to Kick Cancer schwag *and* help out the Prostate Cancer Foundation - talk about a win-win situation! If you've thought about any of these items, now's the time to toss in - this may be the best chance to pick something up as a bahgain!
 
Bid now, bid high, bid often!
 
That is all.

9 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

I think the problem with the Class is does one's schedule coincide with Todd's? Add in Travel and Motels, plus the Crappy "Obamanation Economy,".... well, I think you get the point. The rest of your items just involves Shipping and Handling. But Good Luck!

Ben C said...

If Todd was having a class within 100 miles of me, I would try for it.

As is, Southern MN is a bit out of the way.

TheAxe said...

Todd's class schedules/location were the first thing I looked at but there was nothing nearby. Nearest is Pittsburgh.

Tam said...

Heck, lemme go deposit this check and I'll bid on AFHF; I'm already signed up for his next trip through Indy anyway...

Ross said...

I wish Todd would put some prices on his website - not having any clue as to how much the class actually IS puts a bit of a damper on it for those of us who like to y'know... BUDGET things out?


WV: surthead. What Thor likes to call anyone he doesn't like...

Jay G said...

Doesn't cost anything to put up a bid and find it if you make the reserve... :)

zeeke42 said...

The class info pages show the price. IIRC AFHF is $400. Maybe no one has bid on the class since everyone thinks you need it more than they do, Mr. Minute of Berm. ;-)

Ross said...

Oy. I mis-read what the prize is. Bid sent.

*dopeslaps self*

Eric said...

Bid sent.