Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cry Me A (Soy-Based) River...

My #1 blogdaughter is at it again. This time, it's the state of Florida taking it in the shorts...

Florida Prisoner Suing Over 'Cruel And Unusual' Soy-Based Meals


CLERMONT, Fla. (CBS Tampa) - A Florida inmate is suing the state's prison system for pulling the pork from his meals. Eric Harris, a 32-year-old convicted pedophile who is serving a life sentence, suggests Lake Correctional Institution's policy of serving a vegan diet is seriously affecting the quality of his life sentence.


The Weston A. Price Foundation, a special interest group against soy products, will pick up the case's legal expenses, and announced it has class-action ambitions including other prisoners, prison guards and taxpayers.


I'm really torn on this one. On the one hand, a soy-based diet kinda *is* cruel and unusual punishment... But on the other hand, tough rocks kiddie-diddler. Is prison. Is not supposed to be home cooking. Be thankful it's not C-rats from WWII. I'm sorry, but my giveadamn-o-meter just can't register on this one - it's firmly stuck on "0".

If you can't stand the soy, stay away from the boy...

That is all.

15 comments:

Mike W. said...

Send him to a Mexican prison and see how he likes the food.....

Brad_in_IL said...

My vote is to send him to a Turkish prison. Then again, our scumbag-du-jour would probably enjoy Turkish Delight.

- Brad

S.W.G. said...

It's interesting that he shares a name with one of the Columbine shooters.

Old NFO said...

Or a Japanese prison, fish heads and rice...

Mikael said...

I vote for thai prison, they're pretty harsh.

Daniel in Brookline said...

If you can't stand the soy, stay away from the boy...

So now you're channeling O.J. Simpson, Jay?

I mean, seriously, that was bad...

Anonymous said...

"If you can't stand the soy, stay away from the boy..."

That right there made my day.

I just hope I don't absent mindedly repeat this out loud tomorrow in public...

Angus McThag said...

It always occurs to me when I read stories like this that if he'd just stayed out of jail he could anything he wants.

Ross said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ross said...

Um. I hate to seem like I'm in favor of coddling a sexual predator, however, being civilized means we stick to our own laws, no matter how distasteful we may find a particular case.

"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

I don't know about any of you guys, but I'd certainly consider inflicting a vegan diet on me "cruel and unusual punishment".

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, this cold be fun to watch! The lawyers for the kiddy-diddler vs. the lawyers for the Islamists. "I want my pork!" "Pork violates our 1st amendment rights!"

Can I have the popcorn and soda-pop concession, please, please?

LittleRed1

SpeakerTweaker said...

Anon 9:45 beat me to it. You've got one group clamoring for pork, and the other violently opposed to it. Is funny.

If you can't stand the soy, stay away from the boy...

Holy crap, that's funny!



tweaker

Anonymous said...

Wah, wah, wah, it's food. He's lucky that he gets enough to eat. There are people around the world who would KILL for the food he gets.

Anonymous said...

Not one comment about the inmate disliking his pork being pulled? Come on people.

RobertSlaughter said...

Given he's a lifer sexual predator, a strongly soy-based diet both reduces the chances of prostate cancer, but also reduces testosterone production in the testes[1]. Makes him more docile-like, at least somewhat.

[1] Please do not ask me how I know.... :(