Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Gun Pr0n #241

Today's gun pic is another T&E gun. When I went to my friendly local Fun Shop to pick up the Ruger SR9c, the guy behind the counter came out with more than one box. Now, I had been expecting two boxes (there's another gun to be announced next week), so the third box was a surprise. I'd been waiting for this one for a while now, and it finally came in:

Plastic Fantastic .45 ACP Goodness

Yes, I have joined, oh, every other gunblogger out there and gotten a Smith & Wesson M&P. It's in - of course - G-d's Own Pistol Caliber .45 ACP, but not for a caliber-wars reason. It's because of the idiotic MA AWB (up yours Mitt Romney) - I just couldn't bring myself to get a full sized M&P 9mm and be limited to only 10 rounds instead of the full 17. So I went with the .45 ACP, which comes with 10 rounds from the factory.

I've already had it out to the range once (thanks again Weerd!), and from what I've seen, I like this one a lot. I won't even begin to give impressions yet - I've put barely 100 rounds through it - other than saying that I like it already. I want to run quite a few more rounds through it before I make any other statements, which is going to entail numerous additional range sessions.

I know, I know, it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it...

That is all.

7 comments:

Tim Covington said...

An M&P 45 Compact is my daily carry gun. I love it.

JD said...

I went with the 9mm for ammo cost and I love it!

Brad_in_IL said...

Jay,

I have a box of jen-yoo-wine 230gr, .45acp just burning a hole in my ammo lock-box.

And speaking of blegging shamelessley . . . how goes that other thing involving .45acp we've been chatting about? You working your marketing magic?

- Brad

Reformed Masshole said...

I've got the M&P 9 and it is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

That would be a good gun for a PIN shoot....just say'in.

Anonymous said...

That would be a good gun for a PIN shoot.....

Mr Evilwrench said...

Ten? You poor schmucks. Why are you still there?