Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Stupid! It Neuters!

Reader Jeff sends in this, ahem, interesting news item...

Monroe man tries to shoot squirrel, hits himself instead
A Monroe man trying to shoot a squirrel wound up shooting himself.

Ethan Bennett, 36, told Benton County sheriff’s deputies he was at his residence at 24750 Cox Lane in Monroe about 4:15 p.m. Wednesday when he tried to shoot the rodent with a .22-caliber rifle.

The squirrel reportedly ran up his left leg, and he pulled the trigger, hitting himself in the foot.
Now, I may be way out on a limb here, but I'm going to guess that alcohol was involved... That guy is nuts! He's out of his tree! Okay, okay, enough with the squirrel puns, I know...

If you've ever shot yourself while taking shots at a squirrel in your pants, you might be a redneck.

That is all.

8 comments:

Alan said...

SQUIRREL!

Dave H said...

"If you've ever shot yourself while taking shots at a squirrel in your pants, you might be a redneck."

I have to disagree. I'm a redneck, I grew up among rednecks, and I don't think this would happen.

Now having a hound dog or a pit bull go in after it, that would be redneck style.

David said...

I grew up around alcoholics , this could definitely happen.

(they were alcoholic rednecks but we will ignore that detail for the moment)

"He's out of his tree!"

No! the squirrel was running up his leg - he WAS the tree.

Anonymous said...

"you might be a redneck."

RACIST!!

-SayUncle

Anonymous said...

Before I clicked the link, I thought it was near Ambulance Driver. I was thinking that no self-respecting LA redneck would be that dumb. Kind of an insult to rednecks, then again, it was in OREGON...home to transplant Californians.

Borepatch said...

This is so awesome that it hurts.

Ross said...

I was having visions of the Mississippi Squirrel Revival running through my head...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU

fast richard said...

The only squirrel I ever shot at that close a range was in the upstairs hallway, with a pellet pistol.