Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Gun Pr0n #251

Commenter mrmacs sends in today's gun pr0n:

Nice Trio!

I'll let mrmacs describe them:

Franchi SPAS 12. 12 gauge semi-auto/pump shotgun with 8 + 1 capacity, fixed stock, 2 3/4 in. shells. No longer in production.

MSAR STG-223 semi-auto 5.56x45 bullpup rifle with Vortex StrikeFire scope. Switchable left/right ejection with proper bolt. US-made clone of the Steyr AUG. No longer in production. Purchased on Buy Ammo day.

FNH USA FNP-40, .40 cal semi-auto. A previous Buy-a-Gun Day purchase.
The SPAS has always interested me. The ability to choose between semi-automatic fire and pump-action has advantages - you can load up slugs and really crank out the firepower on semi-auto, or switch to buckshot/birdshot/etc. without worrying about the action cycling or not. If I could choose, I'd find one with the folding stock, just because it gives the antis the vapors. The MSAR/AUG is functionally no different than my Bushmaster (or a wood-stocked Mini-14 for that matter), but it wins style points from DieHard. And the FNH? Well, it's hard to argue with a toaster...

Nice pic, mrmacs; thanks for sharing!

That is all.

6 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

You didn't save the P250 for today??

Jay G said...

I couldn't wait; I put it up two weeks ago...

Veeshir said...

Mu buddy has a SPAS, it's iffy on semi-auto. I fired it mostly in 'pump' mode.
Like most Italian engineering, when it works it's the best thing in the world.
But then it doesn't.

Tam said...

In my experience, the SPAS is one of the few shotguns that can malfunction both as a slide-action and a self-loader. ;)

mrmacs said...

The SPAS hasn't malfunctioned on me yet, but maybe I'm pickier with ammo.
Though I've gotten lots of looks at the skeet range with it.
Really cool thing is the magazine disconnector. Cycle the action manually while depressing the disconnector, and manually load a round, bypassing the magazine.
Yet another way to malfunction I guess.
Manual of arms is a little weird on it, malfunction clearing isn't hard, though.
Yes, I'd like the folding stock as well, but the full stock soaks up a lot of recoil.

Word Verification: rapyro - a rap singer who's a pyromanic as well?

Tam said...

I've only had serious range time with five or six, so they may have been lemons.