Sunday, April 19, 2009

Overheard in the Car...

Driving home from church this morning, we came across a lone tom turkey crossing the road ("Why did the turkey cross the road, Jay?")

I pointed him out to the kids, saying, "hey guys, look out [The Boy]'s window. There's a turkey!"

From BabyGirl G.'s side I hear her go, "shick-shick" [pause] "boom"

As she mimicked the unmistakeable sound of a pump-action shotgun as she hunted the turkey...

That's my girl.

Oh, and I took her to the gun store again yesterday. She got to look at "her" purple-stocked Crickett again. I asked which of the different Cricketts she wanted (they have about a dozen different configurations on the cutest little gun rotisserie). She replied,

"All of them".

That's my girl.

I then asked which one she wanted if she could only have one.

She pointed to the slick pink synthetic stock with stainless barrel. "That one, daddy".

That's my girl.

That is all.

7 comments:

Epijunky said...

Definitely Daddy's girl!

OrangeNeckInNY said...

And...you didn't buy it for her then and there??? :::shaking my head:::

BobG said...

Nice to know your DNA is strong.

Carteach said...

AWWWwwwww, Now that is the definition of cute!

You done well, man.

Christina RN LMT said...

Just call her "Tamlette"!

breda said...

I am squeeing so hard I might explode.

Your girl indeed :)

Bitmap said...

When my youngest was 18 months old she was sitting in my lap looking at a rifle.

She looked up at me and said "I'm going to shoot a deer and put it on the wall."

She's been eating them her whole life so I guess she'll be surprised one of these days when she finds out everyone doesn't eat venison.