Thursday, April 2, 2009

RIP, Jeremy

Boy Allegedly Deprived Of Cancer Treatment Dies
9-year-old Jeremy Fraser died Monday, months after his mother allegedly failed to give him his cancer medication. He had been living with his father in Saugus recently. "I know that he's in a better place and he's not fighting any more and he's not sick," Eric Fraser said Tuesday. "It makes me feel comfortable."

Jeremy's mother, Kristen LaBrie, 36, of Beverly, is currently awaiting trial on charges of child endangerment. She has pleaded not guilty. Essex County District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett has not ruled out the possibility of filing new charges against her.


I've covered this heartbreaking story before. It shocks me greatly and saddens me deeply that any parent could be so callous and indifferent to their child's suffering; sadly, this is far more often the case in this cold, harsh world.

Requiescat in pace, Jeremy.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go check my contacts. I think there's something in them, because my eyes are leaking.

That is all.

2 comments:

Wally said...

Jay, thanks for the update. I was really encouraged when I heard he was doing much better just a few weeks ago.

Damhit

Epijunky said...

I have a case of the leaky eyes as well.

I hope they fry that bitches ass. Seriously. She is no parent, she's a monster.