Monday, May 30, 2011

Fourth Annual Northeast Bloggershoot!

Today is Memorial Day, the unofficial start to summer, so what better time to start thinking about the Fourth Annual Northeast Bloggershoot Meet & Shootin' Spectacular?!?!?!

I've had many people e-mail and/or call me about the summer shoot, asking when it was going to be and if they could help (dunno, and hell yes). The proprietor of the Sooper Seekrit range is on board with hosting our crazy group yet again, so let's start thinking and planning.


Let's do it right, shall we?

Date: TO BE DETERMINED - We typically have held the shoot sometime around the last weekend in July/first weekend in August-ish. If we hold the shoot on a Sunday, Paul from Stateline Gun Shop may be able to make an appearance with some of his wonderful toys, so I'd prefer to do it then. Sunday July 31st, August 7th, or August 14th look promising...

Time: Historically starting at 10:00 AM and going until we're kicked out (typically before 5 PM - and to the best of my knowledge Doubletrouble has never kicked anyone out; we generally have had so much shootie fun that we're ready to go home and nap...)

Location: Doubletrouble's sooper seekrit range, the location of which is highly classified.

Attendees: Like last year and the year before, the size of the range limits us to a certain number of folks, although accommodations can be made for larger groups if we don't mind shooting in shifts and such.

Miscellaneous: As with last year, this is a "pack-in, pack-out" shoot - if you want to bring a 1974 Lincoln Continental to shoot the hell out of, go right ahead. Just be prepared to drag the bullet-riddled carcass out with you. We can call the sub shop for lunch, but someone should step up to take care of the lunch order so Mrs. Doubletrouble doesn't have to deal with that again...


So who's in, and when do you want to do it?

That is all.

24 comments:

Brad_in_IL said...

Jay,

My vote is for Aug 7. Note that the weekend of Aug 13/14 is the big air show in Portsmouth NH.

- Brad

Unknown said...

I'm in. August 7 sounds reasonable, but other weekends work, too.

Andrew said...

I am IN. Doesn't matter the date, I am never leaving NH again.

JD said...

Count me and the daughter in. . . Any weekend in August is good!

Laura said...

next year, after i ditch the turd and get something that'll actually make the drive, we'll be up there.

Anonymous said...

Count Cher and I as IN! I'll double check, but right now I think any of the 3 dates is ok by us.
I think we will probably come up the day before and get a hotel somewhere nearby again. Made it more enjoyable last year not having to do that drive twice in the same day. Anyone else who wants to do the same lemme know. Maybe we can do dinner and a few beers the night before.

Eric said...

Hi Jay, If this is open to commenters that the blogging thing didn't really work out for, I'd like to attend. August 7 would be great.

Bräuista said...

Of course I'm in . . . I owe an awesome holster maker some nommy brownies.

Anonymous said...

In for July 31.

Andrew said...

Don't forget to ask Pallett as I don't think that he reads blogs.

LWJ said...

I may be able to do it. Just need to get the Sunday off.

dr mac said...

That got a enthusiatic "Yes" from the Mrs. Any date will do if posted well in advance. Load the cannon !

Dragon said...

August 7th.

I SOOOOO am looking forward to this!!!!

Wally said...

I'd prefer 8/14 over 8/7, and 8/7 over 7/31.... But I'd be hard pressed to miss the event, so count me in regardless of date.

Bubblehead Les. said...

In either day, but may show up early on Saturday. (You know how long the drive is from You to Me). Hope there's some Good Motels nearby that aren't too super secret!

And yes, I can Bring The World's Most Dangerous Librarian and her Hubby if they want to Carpool. Up to them, though.

TOTWTYTR said...

Just today I was wondering what I would should be bringing to the shoot. Which means I was assuming there will be a shoot. How fortuitous!

Anyway, I can make 7/31 OR 8/7 work, but the 14th is not so good, but I could twist my schedule a bit if necessary.

All of which is to say, I'm in.

Keystone said...

If schedule allows, I'm tentative. I know. I'm so helpful and decisive.

Ross said...

Um. August 7 is the second day of an Appleseed Shoot at Harvard which, alas, I'm already signed up to run. So... if it happens some other weekend, I'm in. Unless I can get another shoot boss to cover for me.

Anonymous said...

Let me know when and where, i will start my paper work this week, brass rainbows forever

Stickman

ZerCool said...

Between two jobs, vacation time is harder to come by - but I am open to any of those dates.

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

only date that works for us is August 14th...

we're away in July and August 7 is drop off for Boy scout camp week.

but we're totally free on the 14th....


B & SCI FI

MeatAxe said...

Im in! Aug 7 works for me too.

MattPallett said...

I will be there.